Software Engineer Ruby on Rails
About the Opportunity
NetEngine is setting up a London team to support development of our growing apps in that region. We're looking for a senior, experienced ruby on rails software engineer who can lead a team. You'll be one of our first developers in the UK, but part of a global happy and talented company building products used globally by companies like Red Hat. We are looking for high quality coders & hackers who take pride in the software and results they create.
Based initially from a shared space, we're currently looking for a great office space to grow our UK Team. Become a part of our product development team, and make your mark on some of the most exciting pieces of tech coming out of Australia right now.
- Gel with the NetEngine values
- Write and maintain good code
- Architect and maintain complex applications
- Optimise app and server performance
- Working, collaborating and knowledge sharing with other engineers
- Ruby 2.2 - Rails 3 & 4
- RESTful API design
- Performance optimisation
- Unit and integration testing experience
- Deployment of web applications
- Agile development methodologies
- User experience and user workflows
- Clean, beautiful code
- NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis, MongoDB)
- *nix Server Administration
- AWS: EC2, S3, Cloudfront, RDS
NetEngine is an agile, creative, software engineering company. Among our clients, you'll find Red Hat, Flight Centre and TEDx as well as local government organisations. We've built a team of smart, energetic and passionate technologists who genuinely love that their work is exciting, innovative and most importantly worthwhile - or we don't do it!
Our lead product Outfit has just secured a 3 year global deal with the biggest open source software company in the world, and our SAAS project collaboration and billing software Trigger is used by hundreds of creative agencies around the world.